1. Mrs. Takata practiced Reiki on herself daily.
– Practicing Reiki daily on ourselves keeps our body fully charged with Reiki energy and the flow of Reiki energy is unobstructed.
2. She always advised for self treatment before treating others.
– Treating ourselves with Reiki everyday fulfils the energy requirements of our own body and keeps us ready to meet every situation for others. I personally observed that when my left thumb was hurt and I practiced Reiki for others there used to be continuous tingling in my left thumb, indicating that Reiki energy, passing through my hands, was partially consumed by my ailing thumb and curing it while giving Reiki to others.
3. She would always initiate a family member to Reiki of chronic patients.
– Chronic patients need prolonged treatment, so it is best to have an in house Reiki practioner to manage the patient’s prolonged needs, including any emergencies. Any patient having conditions longer than three weeks was considered chronic patient by Mrs. Takata.